Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ostrich Festival?













The Chandler Ostrich Festival returns this weekend. It is one of our local events I have managed never to attend. Carnivals are of no interest to me. Although it had been interesting to watch them set up in a field that has been soaked by more rain than I remember in recent years and is already becoming a mud bog.

My gym will be closed all weekend as it is the host of the event. I will have to walk or ride bikes for my exercise this weekend.

I have noticed with some sadness how quickly the news from Haiti and Chile has disappeared from our news, and how easily we move on to other things. I am comforted by the fact that many whose calling is to relieve suffering and respond long term to disaster are still in both places.

I continue to enjoy my long term interest in Irish/Celtic music. The tunes are so beautiful….simple and complex at the same time, joyful with a hint of sadness, thematic, memorable, transforming.

In my ministry, I am trying...maybe too hard....to help my people believe that God is benevolent, and present, with all mankind. My reading of Campbell's The Deliverance of God is getting to my heart.

No comments: