Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Heart breaking


There is nothing that violates our humanity as much as the death of a teenager to a rapist/murderer. Every time this happens my heart just breaks for the family whose love and hope for their daughter have been so heartlessly and cruely extinguished.

What kind of selfishness can drive a sex offender to this level of inhumanity? This is why in whatever sense of justice that arises in my heart, I think there is some sort of recompense to victims of crime, natural disaster, and disease. It may be a childish and immature idea, but it gives me comfort in this sad broken world. It is a wiping away of tears kind of thought.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

I sometimes wonder if something demonic is involved in these heinous sorts of crimes.