Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Railroad Men

















John was a model railroad HO scale hobbyist. He left this world on Friday and his family and friends gathered for a memorial this morning. For decades he had been perfecting and running and creating his city. He made and painted each house from places in and around the Philadelphia Pa, suburbs.

65 years of marriage, 30 years of retirement, many hours of personal labor and entertainment and fellowship with his buddies and their toys. I applied my hobby of photography to take some pics for the service. Here are a few. John's widow Clara will move with her daughter and the club will pack the train off with them to be cared for my his grandson. Double click on these pictures to see the love and care and detail in this craft.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

I have loved model railroading for many years.. had a few sets in my teen years that my son enjoyed in his youth.. wonder what happened to them? Enjoyed the details of the pics.. made me want to go out and get a set or two for the basement.

Hope John's wife is doing well.. I lost my first wife in 1994 and know how difficult mourning can be. Thanks for sharing their story.