Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

May we find our Rest in You


I stayed in that fellowship of churches for twenty years. I never did sports on Sunday after that one incident, although it extended to TV sports for many strict sabbatarians.I never encountered as strict a strain of the scruple in other churches, although friends of that original group tried to block my candidacy in other churches in the area.

It made me really sensitive to law/grace issues and legalism issues in the various places I served and in the hearts of many unhappy Christians. I still love that passage in Acts where the disciples say that we should not burden the gentiles coming to Christ with practices that neither we nor our fathers were able to bare or something to that effect.

No comments: