Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Developing Contrarian Views



Have you ever thought or studied through an issue or a truth and arrived at a different conclusion than the majority of your circle of fellowship? If its a small thing you practice your conviction with some degree of caution. I attended a Seminary where Sabbath Keeping was a conviction. Though it was fuzzy they frowned on Newspaper reading, use of Restaurants, and anything fun, like picnics and throwing frisbees. They had a great verse from Isaiah to defend the idea of giving up delights on one day of the week for the glory of God.

I studied the matter a lot and disagreed with the teaching. I used to hit my 8 iron all over the campus field and watch people peek at me from their blinds in the married student apartments.

It was the beginning of a life of contrarian conflicts.

No comments: