Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Monday, November 4, 2013

"If I had words to make a day for you'

"I'd sing you a day that's golden and new."

Farmer Hogget is dancing a jig to cheer up Babe the Sheep Pig who is sick and not eating. There is music in the background, and later the little farm mice sing the song written to go with the tune and I am digging it for years.

The film credits Camille Saint-Saens for the tune from his Symphony in C minor. I bought the CD this summer, and the tune comes in one movement that lasts 1:38 seconds.

You can see the 1977 song on youtube.

I am searching for the song on google and find that a Hawaiian singer named Keialii Reichel sang it on an album. I bought it, and now the simple tune in C minor is playing in my head daily.

If I had words to make a day for you, I'd sing you a day that's golden and new (some say true),
And I'd make that day last for all time, and give you a night full of moon shine.

Kudos to each artist, separated by a century, for this happy little diddy. And to Babe, the Sheep Pig who had a very pure heart.
And to those very few days we are given in life when everything is new and golden.





No comments: