Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day


.

Our community has a very nice outdoor ceremony and speech at 9AM at our flagpole. I think I am on the program so I am dressed and at the office.

Summer before last I spent a few days alone in San Diego while attending a small group study at Point Loma Nazarene, and one afternoon I drove to the end of the point and photographed the naval cemetery there perched over the ocean. It was very moving.

Since moving to Sun Lakes I very often am at the graveside when veterans are laid to rest, and now there are dwindly numbers of WWII vets, and our Korean War vets are nearing 80. Last nights tribute in Washington was very emotional and well done, and of course saturated with God and faith. You cannot remove faith from the public square without impoverishing our culture.

Anyway, I am greatful for the freedoms I have enjoyed. God Bless America.

No comments: