Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, May 24, 2013

In the valley of the shadow of death



When I lead memorial services, or funerals, I ask the Lord to give me some special connections to the grieving family and to the memory of their loved one that will help us connect to the love of God and the world to come.

Of the duties and privileges of this office this one is very important and very emotionally draining upon me. I cannot explain how it affects my spirit and emotions to go through this raw sense of loss, sadness, and hope, although it is good for me, it is difficult.

We have had six in the last three months, and each time I have a decade or less of personal contact and friendship.

On a lighter note, I took my broken screened laptop to a local repair shop, and in four days an aftermarket screen was inserted into my case and I am back in business, and wiser in that I decided to buy a real 2T western digital backup drive in case something permanent happens, just too much thought and precious pictures on this toy to let it dissapear. I also made a vow to set the thing on the floor if I have no computer bag with me. It was not very expensive and much better than replacing the whole laptop.

On an even lighter side, I will attempt to fix my broken swing at a local golf course with a few friends this morning, this change of pace is precious and necessary for me, recreation is re creation of my spirit, as is prayer, spiritual reading, and vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear after the heavy load that you got out for a round of golf-- hope it went well!
Eden