Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nuclear Stress Test

The Angel of Healing.

I guess I have had five of these over the last decade. It has been over three years and unfortunately I postponed one before my heart incident in April that might have detected a serious problem. Hence today and tomorrow.

The Stress part requires you to get your heart rate about 136 for over a minute. I reached 150 and kept it there. It is stressful, but being in shape helps alot. Then you lay very still while a picture is being taken by a machine sensitive to the radiation they injected when your heart was racing.

I stopped my meds for four days and was glad to get back on the one that keeps my blood pressure stable.

The result is a picture of your heart veins that shows any blockages and allows a safer intervention.

No comments: