Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Contemplative Life


I am hearing the call to get away to a quiet place before the New Year begins and listen and renew. I try to do this twice a year, just a day or two. But I am the only person in the office this week and a memorial service is coming. These tensions we all face. I will find the time.

Spending time with a family in grief, walking through a home that is every inch the reflection of the interests and passions of the dear departed wife. An office/hobby room that is organized and efficient. Collections of memorabilia lining shelves, jewelry and clothing no longer awaiting their selection for the day. We Christians believe in hope beyond the grave, but I continue to agree that death is the last enemy. It is deeply difficult to lose a life partner.

No comments: