Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The World in Crisis

Above looking down on the countryside of Maui.

I continue to think, reflect, read, and meditate upon the times in which we live. For a number of reasons I do not join those predicting the immanence of Christ's return,though I am ready.... nor do I believe that everything will magically change if we change the party numbers in congress. We are in real economic crisis.

In a few moments a natural disaster sent a country into chaos and a world reeling from the fallout. That is solemn and impressive. I pray for those suffering and those rescuing. I have become convinced in all these things that God desires to rescue us far more than He desires to punish us. He is kind and compassionate.

I have always been convinced that God can bring about His purposes in the world. So, I am watching and waiting yielded and still, and at the same time asking, Lord, what would you have me do to be part of your benevolent New Covenant Kingdom. How can I encourage the church to walk in love?, not in panic, in reaction, in selfishness, in hate.

No comments: