Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The joy of mall watching














Grand Daughter was here to spend some of her birthday money so we spent three hours at the Mall. It is one of the few places where you can observe the current state of humanity and culture.

I sat outside the Apple Store for 30 minutes and watched people pass by. You have the ever present junior high kids, for whom the mall is their sophisticated baby sitter. They move like swarms, all dressed alike trying to be cool, all following the cutest or the tallest. Its a comfort to know some things never change, except the styles, we all did this with our pumping testosterone and desire to be accepted.

The families, still the bedrock of the world, still mostly led in things domestic by the women with the men reluctantly in tow.

Signs of change, another huge jewelry story going out of business. Diamonds may be a girls best friend, but groceries keep her going from week to week.

God loves this humanity, and I mostly do.

3 comments:

kc bob said...

See anyone texting while shopping :)

Don said...

Everywhere, thats Apples cap in trade, I am proud that I have a phone that does nothing except make calls, but I would not turn down an ipod touch to go online in wifi spots.

Redlefty said...

I always think of the "made in His image" passage when I'm people-watching.

If I enjoy the observation of the common humanity and incredible diversity, surely God enjoys it too!