Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A good walk enhanced














Year round golf was indeed a draw for me. Golf was a gift of God for me. My first used clubs were a gift from Rev. Engel when I was 13. I would bang balls around the empty lots and forests around my home. Then a few lessons, and with the beginning of my full time ministry the game became my weekly opportunity for fresh air, self competion, and some really great golf friendships.

Our annual church Tournament was today, and we enjoyed the crisp weather and good commraderie of the scramble.

There are as many courses per population here as in the greatest golf meccas of the world. Every type, every budget. We joke, we tease, we laugh, we boast, we make excuses, all in good fun. And every now and then a good shot thrills our hearts.

1 comment:

Redlefty said...

A man after my own heart! Sadly I haven't played in months, but I do love the game.