Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The joy of looking for answers













At the core of my life has been the relationship I have with God by faith. But it has always worked itself out through questions. There has always been a gentle dialogue in my mind and heart as I react to the events of each day. Storehouses of questions I am thinking through, breakthroughs that lift me to other questions. The always present limitations of my own intelligence or lack therof.

Interacting with books that join me in questioning and searching has been a deep well of joy. The good ones and the mediocre ones, they are a chorus of friends.

This week it is Mike Mason's The Gospel According to Job that helps with my reading of Job. Bently Hart's The Doors of the Sea, took me in different and deeper paths than I have walked in seeking the answer to God's silence in suffering.

I have reached the point where I do not need to prove anything to myself or others about such issues. I just enjoy the interaction between mind and heart and the furniture that creates my worldview.

No comments: