Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Church Basement Ladies


This upside down picture is of the biggest bass I ever caught at a Boy Scout Lake near Crystal Springs MS, in the pouring rain in the middle of the day. I think she is over 8 lbs. I have been trying to orient the picture for too long, so at least you get the idea.

We attended the Broadway Palms Dinner Theatre in Mesa for the first time last evening. They have been at this successfully for 10 years. The Theatre looks like it can seat 400 or so, and they have a fine buffet dinner followed by a musical.

This play was very cute. Set in a Minnesota small town church basement, the volunteers show the strengths and foibles of church culture as they prepare for a Lutefisk Dinner, a Funeral, a Fund Raising Hawaiian Dinner, and a Wedding of one of their own group.

Lots of Norwegian, Lutheran, Swedish humor, and a humorous look at generational change and how hard it is for older people to accept change. They had a parody song comparing the Twin Cites to Hell, very funny. An enjoyable evening. I see they are bring Annie, The Sound of Music, Chicago and others this year.

I continue in my message series from I Timothy, tomorrow...prayer for a calm and peaceable life. Which, to my great joy, I continue to have even when trials, which are necessary, come and go. Laura and I decided we could live and die without ever attending the yearly Lutefisk celebration, fish and lye do not go together in my vocabulary.

No comments: