Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Across the Border over the Ocean













My very first Passport came today. I have long dreamed of visiting overseas missionary locations, has not been the way it worked out in my ministry. I love the Asian countries. We are hoping we can arrange a trip to the Philippines next summer and to cross the border and see the work being done done near Rocky Point. Twenty years here and I have never been to Rocky Point. I guess I am proud to be an American, and happy that Hawaii is our 50th state, Ah, Polynesian Culture.
Tomorrow I get to dust off the camera to visit some of our State Parks up beyond Flagstaff and feel some fall air, and our grandkids in tow.

Tonight we celebrated Octoberfest with the Greens at the Bavarian Gardens Restaurant. Very German, Laura had the plate of Brats, and we had some delicious apple strudel soaking in cream sauce. Octoberfest has been celebrated since 1810 for some Kingly wedding, they moved it to September many decades ago but the original name stuck.

No comments: