Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

GWTW into someone's house





When I was in Junior High I entered a neighbors house to collect newspaper money, and she showed me her prized possession, the couch used in Gone With The Wind at the foot of the stairway in Rhett and Scarletts big house. Cool.

In Little Rock the folks told me I had to go see Pughs Mill, which was actually a non working replica of a working mill built in 1888. The Replica was built in 1932, which makes it pretty old....and it has become a local site for weddings, photos and quiet visits. It was visually stunning....and was featured during the opening credits in Gone With The Wind. I need to watch GWTW again when I find 3 plus hours, but frankly, my dear...I don't give a.......! Just Kidding, I love that movie, and I'm not just whistling dixie.

No comments: