Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things that don't line up




Four pictures in the hometown paper. I knew one couple. Wealthy and generous, a part of my cities leaders. I had watched them grow up at church, about ten years younger than I. The other couple, also dedicated Christians, not raised in wealth, it took him over a decade to work enough to finish medical school, he had not seen his fiance since Christmas, she too was finishing her residency as they anticipated marriage, a joint medical practice, and happiness and service, both mid 30s.

In a fraction of a second couple #1 crossed a lane and hit couple #2, both cars hit a fence and one car exploded in flame, killing our young doctor and his fiance at the scene. Couple #1 recovering. Some questions about the drivers control or speeding or drinking yet unsolved, and for me, just another question I cannot answer about why that particular couple, who so long had delayed there dreams to accomplish a worthy career goal, are gone, forever, completely innocent of anything except being on that road at that instant. Two families devastated.

I do not know what kind of answer I am looking for. It just stuns me, when so many little things happen to assure us of God's love and presence, why, why, why them?

1 comment:

Scrapnqueen said...

I, too, have had hard questions like this in my life. You're right--there are no easy answers.

My prayers are with you and your community.