Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Springtime














http://abbeyofthearts.com/blog/2009/02/19/photography-as-a-sacred-practice/

Stumbled across this blog entry about photography as a sacred practice that is beautiful. I am eagerly anticipating spending time capturing some of the spring flowers and life around the desert Southwest in the next few weeks.

Had a Deja Vu moment recently. When I first began my working life, I bought a Ricoh SLR for the enormouse price of 250 bucks and spent some happy hours photographing Crystal Springs Mississippi. Until my second toddler grabbed the camera off a shelf and dropped it. For the next 30 years I went through a succession of cheap cameras until digital. This Canon XSi is my return to lens photography.....and, last week my grandson almost pulled my camera off the counter. Deja Vu all over again, so goes the silly statement.

1 comment:

Carmen Andres said...

oh man, my stomach just gets queesy thinking about that. ack.