Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Perfect love casts out fear











Long story shortened but not left behind. I have discovered that I should not fear the future or predict doom with every downtown in world affairs, the stock market or the other parties victory.

If God is for us, who can be against us? Life has become so completely sweet and precious inspite of having a less than perfect ticker. I am free to trust, even if I complain on occasion. I am free to read a novel. Like the Shack, which at one time would have made me angry but now made me thank God for his courage to picture and try to communicate the God of relationship and ultimate triumph over evil, and more recently, Gilead, the pulitzer prize winning novel about three generations of small town Iowa preachers that was so filled with spiritual insight and phrases that were so beautiful I had to stop reading.

It's good to be reading for enjoyment again. God is Love

No comments: