Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Do False Prophecies hurt people?

Found out last week my selfie selection on my phone will not focus. So much for selfies.

Ten million copies of the Late Great Planet Earth were read and passed on in the 70s, prophesying that the world would end in the 80s. I was young and naive and bought into it. It bothered me, and filled my life with some questions that would take a lifetime to answer.

Today the same popular interpretive scheme has predicted something apocalyptic will happen between now and October and every earthquake and volcanic spew are messages from an Angry God.

I am not suffering silently and alone this time. I am sharing it with my church...both the predictions and my doubts about the way they theologize them.

No comments: