Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Hip and Trendy Down Town Gilbert


The three blocks that made up the western whistle stop of cowtown Gilbert have transformed in the last 25 years into a hip and trendy nightspot. There is an active theatre, many restaurants, and small businesses, and just a laid back feeling of history as you read about how many different uses each old building had in the 80 year history of this little farm town, now major suburb in the greater Phoenix area.

I uprooted my family 25 plus years ago to call this place home, and though my roots are broad, this place has become my home. The outdoor picnic area at Joes Real BBQ is a place where birthdays are observed while we watch families and couples walk and eat at the places across the street.

Grandson Ben is ten years old, we celebrated. Shannon travels with choir and band to California next weekend. Lots of places to live, lots of people, and this crazy western town is now part of my life experience and my childrens. Much to be thankful for.

No comments: