Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Risk

My Dad sold Todco aluminum sliding doors.

It always causes me to ponder why many Christians are so uncomfortable discussing differing views and beliefs in the church. I ts like they are saying, "my minds made up, don't confuse me with any facts". This hardening of the worldviews really hinders personal growth, I think.

Even if you are not convinced by another thought, you are helped by the discussion and can help others who are thinking things through. I have lived long enough and with enough different Christian groups to know you can find a proof text for just about any idea you desire to promote, like the fellow on the web yesterday who said Jesus would return with a AK 47 to mow down his enemies.

Thus the teacher and the learner always face a certian degree of risk in questioning fundamentals of the faith. A fundamentalist mindset is dangerous in any faith for it foments enemies, pride, and self deception.

No comments: