Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Lumped together and taking lumps

Having a lovely game of golf with a Father/Daughter couple today and all is polite and copacetic till he finds out I am a pastor.   "A Bible Thumper" he said,  No, I replied' I handle it very gently. Next hole, something nastier, and I am feeling his anger.  I stopped and said, "Are you a wounded Catholic or something?" Scotch Presbyterian he answers.

I wonder why he is so angry, and remembering that this is one of the oddest parts of my calling, being lumped together instantly with everyones positive and negative reactions to Christianity. He must have gotten thumped in the past by a thumper.

No comments: