Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, December 26, 2014

The Raices Group


In the NYC Subway system they have some areas of connection that have huge concourses. In the past decade they have allowed groups with permision to perform and sell their music.

One day I was captivate by the sound of a Peruvian pipe group with catchy background tapes. I rushed a short video and kept up with the family and later checked out their website and discovered they are a group that supports human rights around the world as well, and have performed widely in countries struggling with abusive governments.

Brian knew I enjoyed the wind instruments that were developed in Peru, and brought to the Indian culture in the north american continent as well. I known have two albums given to me as Christmas presents and I am enjoying them today.

No comments: