Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dream Launch


Wow, 25 years ago this month we moved from the gulf coast of Mississippi to the East Valley of Phoenix AZ. I wanted to leave stuffy tradition, stodgy old buildings, and mean spirited attitudes behind. At least that's how my mind felt it.

I don't want to reflect on anything heavy, but to share how odd is still is for me to have this much time invested in a location. Yesterday I ate lunch with friends near my first home purchase. So much change, growth, and struggle in the area. I know the whole town now, all 60 plus miles wide, but these are my familiar streets of my adopted home.

I am an Indiana, Kentucky, New York, Alabama, Mississippi transplant, but Arizona has been my home for longer than any other, and I still don't ride and rope or own Cowboy Boots.

Happy to say, I like my City. The raw hills, the ugly desert, uniqueness of each town within the larger area, the parks, the ponds and lakes, the downtown. Nothing happened like I dreamed yet we survived, grew, lived, loved, enjoyed it all.

No comments: