Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Porch Sitting

A view of our main street porch in Crystal Springs....we never sat out on that porch, too many town gossips and looky lous.

I have a friend who sold a beautiful home because the shade did not allow back porch time. His new view and the back porch view in his other home are spectacular. It is a real feature of backyard life in Sun Lakes. When we golf we see so many enjoying the late afternoons on the back porch.

Growing up in the south, people sat on the front porch and greeted passerbys. Front porch sitting was quite important to the life of small town America. I am told the advent of air conditioning pretty much ended that era for many.

We do not have a breathtaking view from our backyard, just some trees, bushes, and the five foot fence. We do have an outstanding shaded enclosure that is long and wide. For the first time in our lives, we have made a decent investment in the new feux wicker outdoor patio furniture. It is being delivered today. We have some serious back porch sitting to do.

I have requested that Laura let me keep our second hand present chairs, not pretty but very comfortable, And we also have a side porch where I do my grilling. Have a happy outdoor weekend friends.

Like my favorite quote when an old uneducated man was asked what he was doing out on the porch. "sometimes I sits and I thinks, sometimes I just sits.

No comments: