Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Navy Farewell


Al was laid to rest at the Pheonix National Memorial Cemetery today. What a strong and wonderful family surrounded him and rose up and blessed his love and kindness in their upbringing.

Al's influence on me lies in the fact that many of his adventures and satisfactions in life started after he retired. Total new hobbies, learning to snow ski at 60, a dedication to daily exercise, and a deep appreciation for life.

I am really getting emotional in my old age. I cannot be at this wonderfully maintained property without tearing up for all the veterans who are buried here, all the families paying respect, and for my own Mom and Dad at the Naval Station Cemetery at Pensacola Naval Air station. We live in a great country, may She continue to stand.

No comments: