Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Performance Anxiety














I would like to know the cause of performance anxiety. Last week as I warmed up for my golf outing I hit about 15 perfect drives on the practice range....went to the course and could not duplicate the swing for the rest of the day? What changes in my heart, and muscles between the range and the course. What causes the tension? How can I relax and repeat the swing?

I practice with the flute and whistles and get wonderful tone and control and when I play in front of people I go dry in the mouth, cannot be consistent. How does one control the nerves to perform before an audience?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is that "thing" you seek which separates us from the pros. If we could control that which wrecks a performance, we'd all be professional.

What do you think?

Michale