Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Community of Men














Golf Tournaments in retirement communities are a social event. I am not that familiar with them, so my impressions are those of a newbie. We had new partners for the second round and by the end of the day were talking and sharing like brothers.

The Banquet was a feast with laughing and applauding the winners, and some raffles. I know it was just a bunch of friends, who share a common home and common beliefs and lifestyle, but the sense of celebration and joy was delightful, enhanced a bit by an open bar, but, still, to me, just the tiniest taste of what "community" feels like.

Jack and I climbed from next to last to the middle of the pack. Jack has been playing for a few years and I have been playing for thirty five....and he is beating me regularly. Such is life.

1 comment:

Redlefty said...

Love the Chiefs flags and sticker! I have been to at least 100 games at Arrowhead, and my parents still have season tickets.