Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Talkin bout my Generation


Tomorrow marks the 40th anniversary (Sunday wise) of my ordination to preach and minister the gospel. I have mentioned it more times than anyone has interest in hearing, but here goes one more observation.

On June 27th, 1967 I had a spiritual moment of faith that changed my life and set me in the direction of preparing to be a minister. On June 27th, 1976 I was ordained in an evening service of my first congregation, nine years to the day, and one week before our nations 200th Birthday on July 4th, 1976.

I am the same man who bent the knee that night to have hands laid upon me and to be set apart for the gospel. I am not the same man as well, I have grizzled and battle scarred and wounded and blessed and honored to make it four decades, one genea, one generation.

I have sensed His loving presence through it all. I have felt abandoned at times when my enemies came from within the camp. I have spent most of my life in constant internal dialogue with God and with the things I diligently study, and through all the many experiences of life spent interacting with members of the body of Christ.

Many times I desperately wished I had chosen another career. Many times I was thankful that I was chosen for this. I shall observe it quietly, and then get on with the blessings of the second half of life, when I am older, wiser, more patient, slower, and overwhelmed each day with grace, beauty, and love.

No comments: