Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Genea Year

Genea is the greek word for generation, which in bible thinking is the 40 years when you are in the prime of life.

I was 24 when I married Laura. 24 years of moving, growing, learning, preparing, and launching into adult life. In a few weeks Laura and I will mark four decades of life together.

I plan to spend my personal blog time celebrating the joyous fact that I did not go that way alone, but with my friend, who is as familiar as ever, and as mysterious as ever. The one I know and don't know in the mystery of marriage. We are different and we are one. It's very cool to celebrate.

I do not hold my marriage to be the greatest or the worst example of a good marriage, just to proclaim from the rooftops that it has been a good journey together as we continued to make contributions to those places and people we shared, and the common life of our times.

So, Happy New Year to all.

No comments: