Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Diplomas on the wall, notes on the shelf



My office looks like a tornado went through. 20 boxes filled and not through, papers in the throw away box. Parts of seven years of higher education getting tossed for lack of present use. The minor prophets, tossed. Reformed Eschatology, tossed, back issues of Rev. magazine tossed.

Those years were busy, not wasted, and full of interactions and things that molded me. I am proud to have had the opportunity to spend that much time in school preparing. Sometimes it felt like I had a thousand answers for questions no one was asking.

Today, more so. Things have lost their center in our culture, and we are in a bit of a free fall. Not worried, and thankful that my office mess represents a life of thoughtful reflection of the God who loved this world and its broken people, who need knowledge of God and His ways.

I sure will be glad when the recarpet adventure is done.

No comments: