Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Struck by God's design

Some serious Lego statues at Disney Village.

There is a concept that has reemerged in my reading of scripture of late. I have been helped of course by my reading and study and I am sure this concept was always part of my formula, but for some reason it is shining again for me.

It's the idea of God's movement away from law to grace, away from threats toward persuasion, away from demands toward invitations, away from bondage and into freedom. It's all so non coercive. Yet most seem to act as if no one would choose the path of Christ apart from the threats of separation, and hell, and judgment.

I just find the openess of the invitation to follow so powerful, coupled with a relentless love of sinners that operates while the sinner is unaware of the reconciliation that has already taken place. At least that's how it looks to me.

No comments: