Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Farewell to Tom Watson

Golf course walking in San Clemente Beach on Vacation recently.

Tom's last British Open ended at dusk today. He and I are the some age, and his career was an inspiration to me and many others for the last four decades. A class act in every way.

Today I played my first post age 65 round of golf and it was so much fun touring a new to me public course named Aquila in the town of Laveen west of us. We had a guide who had played it many times and was able to help us not make beginner mistakes on our lines and landing areas so Larry and I played well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Played golf today too and finally reached my goal of breaking 80--had a 76--almost my age in two more months! On a golf course that isn't too hard but I'll take it!
Eden

kc bob said...

LOL, Tom hits my age in September. He is such a great guy. Many Kansas City guys are. ツ