Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Living without Satellite TV


Laura loves the Pandora Keepsake Bracelet she received from her teacher friends.

We have had Dish Network for 13 years, hooked on a few good shows and my addiction to The Golf Channel. Along with my Verizon Bill, the TV Bills suffers from constant upward creep. We have no movie channels but both of these bills are demanding way too much of my retirement budget and I am constantly trying to figure out how to lower the bills.

This home we just bought has a Direct TV Satellite, so I have been procrastinating about hooking up again. I have to admit also that the haste of our move left way to many cables and component misplaced as well.

So, we have Rabbit Ear Reception, which is not as bad as you think. The major channels are all High Density. I have pondered staying low tech and reading more. As a by product, I have been reminded just how bad Christian television has become, or always has been. I have also been reminded how addictive TV watching can be if you don't monitor your time.

I did keep my modem and WIFI from Dish. This door to the world of information has become more valuable to me than TV. Can see no reason to go offline in retirement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also suffer with an addiction to the Golf channel--just today the college gals including my school, UW, are on so no housework!
Eden