Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nothing like Sunday Mornings













There is something very special about our communion Sunday each month. Nothing flashy, but a solemnity, a quietness, maybe a Christ centeredness. I love the way we sing the Lord’s Prayer, the way we partake in kind, waiting to all have been served and taking them together. I hope everyone there feels the way I do, like I have feasted on the goodness of God.

I used an illustration of me shushing a stuck hummingbird from our entrance light. He was afraid of the broom, and I was using enough force to free him. He thought I was out for his destruction but I desired to set him free. Such are the ways of our God.

No comments: