Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Heart Disease is not fun

I have had two incidents of chest pain since I turned 50 and discovered that I had developed Type II diabetes. The latest occured right after tax day in April. I have been walking daily and doing supervised exercise three days a week. Both times I had a cardiologist enter the groin and place stints or do a ballon. Knowing that you have a tendency to plaque up tends to make you think about your mortality a good bit. In my work I see many elderly people face death slowly with many dibilitating problems. I hold the hope for a quick exit, but would love to extend it for a few more decades. Life is deeply enjoyable for me.

Don

No comments: