Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Almost a LIfestyle Change

This was Kauai 2006 with one of my more pronounced bellies.

As I near the end of my tenth week of eating for healing I am pleased to report the slow steady downward creep of the scale, 209 today from the 227 when I started. A week ago I woke up just wanting to eat like a normal human and had a crunchy cereal and a muffin...and a blood sugar of 245 for the rest of the morning. I was upset with myself and had a resurgence of commitment that is going strong. I cannot eat like a normal person, I have two auto immune diseases caused by poor eating choices. I also am currently experiencing my first bout of diverticulitus which I am pretty sure was caused by eating the that can goes with a daily handful of pistachios. This is another reason to have a healthy gut flora fed by foods that nourish and heal. Now that Amazon owns Whole Foods maybe even some of the specialty stuff I need will be more affordable.

My coach and inspiration Julie Ferwerda gave me more info and eating ideas this week and my two days off have been problem free in terms of giving in to temptation. This is almost a lifestyle change. I say almost because I am human, and we will eat out and I will have a piece of bread. When I despaired of ever even loosing below 220, trying and failing again and again, and in ten weeks have broken through 220 and 210, this healthy eating is for me as long as I live. The day I hit the 200 mark I am going to share new photos.

No comments: