Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

To All the Ships at Sea, and all the Ports of Call














20 years ago the neighborhood I live in was being built. They buried the phone lines for asthetic reasons and now its biting us in the asthetic. We have been paying close to 90 bucks a month for a phone line, long distance, and internet service. For the past year we have had wires running to and fro between houses as one after another developed problems.

We had a wire running through our back yard for over four months, then one running through our front yard for three, then they came and dug a big hole in the neigbors yard about 2 months ago and told me everything was OK. And it was, for about 2 weeks, and then it started again. This time they said it was in our house, some sort of short, and for 150 bucks a half hour they would look into it.

So, even though we are old and conservative, we are, like brave young folks, going wireless. Our two cell phones will be our link to the world, a wireless WWAM our link to the internet. Two new gmail addresses to prepare for getting kicked out of AT&T.

They will be donhendricks62@gmail.com and laura.hendricks4@gmail.com. We are porting our home phone number 480-984-1810 we have had for years to Laura's phone so doctors, banks, and occasional republican fund raisers can still find us. Who knows what else I will discover myself locked out of? I do have curmudgeon standards, even though I love all things electronic. I will never twitter, I will not buy an Iphone, a camera phone, and I hate all reality TV shows and have pretty much never wasted a half hour watching one. (Well, there were a few dancing with the stars Laura made me watch.)

Blessings, see you in totally wireless land.

No comments: