Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Things Unseen


Over the years certain parts of scripture have become very special to me in the development of my worldview. Here is one of them from 2Cor.4:17-18 NASB "For momentary slight affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyong all comparison, While we look not at the things that are seen, for the things which are seen are temporal but the things which are not seen are eternal". That mysterious phrase "eternal weight of glory", excites me beyond measure, and the idea that this world which I so enjoy most of the time is not the final thing, nor the best thing, nor the longest thing we will enjoy.

It is pretty easy to live in the world of time, money and stuff, but Paul was able to put that away for the sake of his considerably difficult missionary work, which, instead of being lucrative and enjoyable, was, as he wrote that, creating a significant time of affliction. Now thats not a word I want to experience. I think Paul is saying, when and if affliction comes, set your thoughts ahead and try to picture the weightyness of that tangible glory of His presence and the enormous relief of age enduring life in a world without pain, or tears, and sorrow. I feel my worldview changing as I ponder that very thing.

No comments: